Saturday, February 26, 2011

From then till now

Jared and I were married in the fall of 2006. About 7 months after we were married we decided to start tying to have a baby. I was not expecting the long road ahead. After countless tests, a small surgery, 7 IUI's, and much disappointment, we decided to do IVF. That was an expensive and scary decision, but it had been almost 3 years of trying and no other options. We started the process in fall of 2009, but had to stop because I was not growing enough follicles. After more tests and positive results we started IVF again in Jan. 2010. I was growing many follicles and we implanted 3 embryos at 3pm on my 33rd birthday. Wow! I think those were the longest 2 weeks of life waiting to know if we were successful. We found out on Feb. 5th that I was pregnant. It was one of the best days of my life. Now we have our beautiful boy, North. He is the center of our world and the greatest kid ever. I feel so lucky to have North and Jared for my family. I must have done something right in my 34 years of life to have such a wonderful family. Jared and I have been fortunate that we have been able to travel, live in Texas and Rhode Island and now own a home. I wanted to start this blog to share some of our new adventures as The Little Family That Could . . . 





6 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, Presh!

Mackadoodle said...

Lovely! Thanks so much for inviting me to read your blog! Your family is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Aww, I love you guys! So glad North is here. :)

Unknown said...

Oops, I guess I was signed in as Todd. This is actually Julie. (Todd sends his love, too.)

Anonymous said...

I love the belly video!

fisherfam said...

So cute! I'm so excited you are finally doing this -